NW STREET SIGNS
See new guidance instructions (September 2021) for obtaining authorisation; planning, siting and installation, purchasing from Cambs NW, and continued maintenance of NW Street Signs.
Click Here to view the Guidance Instructions Guide for NW Street Sign Aug 2021 r4
NOTE : During the erection and maintenance of NHW Street Signs, NHW Members are covered by our Public Liability Insurance Policy (Click Here ).
NW WINDOW STICKERS
( supply is to be restricted to Members of approved and formally registered NHW Schemes)
Currently, your County Association (Cambs NHW Executive Committee) has now obtained a stock of window stickers. It has been agreed that their supply to Coordinators should be controlled and managed effectively and that window stickers should not be handed out randomly to the public in general e.g. at village meetings, fetes and similar events. As a general rule window stickers will be offered to new Coordinators on request with quantities matched to the size of their new street schemes. Coordinators may apply for renewals and top up quantities as their Schemes expand or new residents move in and as appropriate for maintaining clear and tidy window display of their NHW Street Scheme.
Orders for window stickers is being reviewed but at present they can be made by email to your local police lead contacts as follows : –
- South Cambs – Rachel Carr – email@example.com
- East Cambs – Sue Loaker firstname.lastname@example.org
- Huntingdonshire – Clare Darbyshire email@example.com
- Cambridge City – Kate Thwaites firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fenland Julie Bailey – email@example.com
- P’boro City and District – Amanda Large – Amanda.firstname.lastname@example.org
NW Members’ Guide
To access and download a copy Click here Members- Guide
DISCOURAGING COLD CALLERS SELLING AT THE FRONT DOOR
WE ARE NOT BUYING IT STICKERS (or stickers with similar texts) to contact Trading Standards phone Cambridgeshire Consumer Advice on 08454 040506.
For NW Publicity Materials and Publications
- Crime Prevention and Safety Advice.
The Neighbourhood & Home Watch Network (England & Wales) has just published a comprehensive collection of crime prevention and safety advice. You can download a copy here:
At present, it is only available in electronic format. However, ways of producing it in hard copy (e.g. securing a sponsor), are being sought and further details will be notified here.
- Go to the National Neighbourhood and Home Watch web-site to gain access to various other NW publicity materials and associated publications.